Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jam!


I made jam!!
From things growing in my own backyard!!

I was given this "old fashioned" non-pectin recipe, and followed it exactly, except that I added some ground cloves and cinnamon and nutmeg, and reduced the sugar ratio slightly. But other than that, I followed it exactly.

It's gorgeous, and it tastes super fantastically delicious.
The most raspberry raspberriness ever.

Too bad it's roughly the consistency of TAR.

I followed the recipe exactly, but I forgot to account for the quantity discrepancy. I was cooking roughly one fourth of the berries the recipe called for, and should have adjusted the cooking time accordingly. I feel like an idiot. Seriously - who doesn't think about things like this?

I really feel like a complete failure. I don't care if this was my first attempt at jam; I should've known better.

I suppose some solace can be taken, in that - given tonight's black raspberry harvest - I can try again in a night or two.

Also, there might be other things lurking about to give me hope...

(blueberries - ready to pop)

2 comments:

  1. You're COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the mean time, raspberry bread?? (....with chocolate swirls! lol)

    ReplyDelete