Saturday, June 26, 2010

Guac.

There's a Chinese philosophy related to Feng Shui and the principle of yin/yang which dictates that it is best to eat cold foods in winter and hot foods in summer. It's all about balancing bodily energies with the energy of nature.

Aside from the romantic notion of drinking tea in the Sahara, I completely disagree with this.

For example:

Guacamole

Can you imagine eating that with a foot of snow on the ground?
I think not.

Point proven.

It's a perfect summer dish, and here is my ingredient list for a portion of one:

1 avocado (I've noticed they seem puny this year. You might want to up the count to 2.)
Chopped fresh chiles (I like Serrano, but in the above pic I used home-grown jalapeno)
1 clove of garlic, minced
Cilantro, chopped, however much you want (a few tbs for me, thanks)
Juice of one lime
Pinch of salt

Basically you just mash everything together, and there you have it.
Guacamole!

Good with plain chips.

Extra good with cheesey nachos -




And, because I came across it while looking through pics, here is a three-year-old picture of Hamlet:


1 comment: