Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mozzicotta

OK, so remember the cheese with the odd texture that I accidentally produced for my homemade pizza?

We've decided it is extraordinary.
And it shall henceforth be called Mozzicotta.

Being woefully ignorant of all but the most mainstream cheeses out there, I hereby lay claim to inventing this culinary wonder.

It has the fresh milky taste of ricotta, but holds together like mozzarella, and is creamier than either one. It was much appreciated on the pizza, but wasn't truly lauded until tried with the following:

salad caprese verde
(This was served alongside some shrimp scampi fettuccine, courtesy of Bertolli. Shrimp is surprisingly unphotogenic.)

spaghetti marinara
(Featuring a homemade sauce with garlic, herbs, and red wine. And canned tomatoes.)

What?

Anyway, it's amazing. So now I just need to figure out what I screwed up the last time I made cheese, so that I can repeat my mistakes en perpetuity.

[FYI - tomorrow we are going to the state fair, so hopefully I will return with pictures of lots of fried things and giant pumpkins!]

1 comment:

  1. GREAT!............I will look forward to it!
    Hope also you can remember your mistake.

    ReplyDelete