Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Very Matt & Mia Christmas to you!


Hallo.

Hope your holiday - whichever you do or don't celebrate - was a good one.

We had fun having a day or two off work and getting getting better acquainted with addicted to our brand new Wii gaming system. A game of tennis or a bowling match in the afternoons is now a foregone conclusion.

The Wii was my gift to my darling Matt.
That I also kinda wanted.
A lot.

Shhhhhh.

But my favorite gift that I received has to be a toss-up between:

A Shun 8-inch chef's knife

OR

CANELE MOLDS!
(omgwtfbbq!!1!)

The molds are lovely and fun to play with. Also heavy, which I somehow didn't anticipate. Haven't tried cooking with them yet - a bit intimidated.

And the KNIFE. The knife is a thing of beauty. Classic marbled steel that Shun is famous for, good heft, and sharper than a freakin' razor. Don't worry - the bandage on my thumb in the picture above is from a mandolin slicer accident, not the knife.

... So that should put your mind at ease.

1 comment:

  1. The tree and your knife are beautiful and am so pleased that you are happy with the molds!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete